The Judaic Studies minor requires 18 units, including 9 upper division units. No courses used for the JUS minor may be used for any other major or minor. Up to two courses (6 credits) used to fulfill Tier Two requirements can be used for the JUS minor. Select your minor in consultation with your major advisor. In addition, you may consult the Judaic Studies Undergraduate Advisor.
- JUS 301 - Jewish Civilization: A Gateway Course. This introductory course is required for all JUS minors in catalogue year 2010-11 and later. It is recommended for all JUS minors enrolled prior to catalogue year 2010-2011.
- Hebrew - 4th semester proficiency is required. This requirement may be fulfilled by taking JUS Hebrew courses or by passing a departmentally approved Hebrew Credit-by-Exam to certify competency.
- Upper division coursework. The JUS minor requires a minimum of 9 upper division credits.
General Education Requirements
- General Education: Tier One - Students may elect to take Trad 104 (Jewish Thought and Culture) in order to lay the foundation for their JUS education. Tier One courses cannot be counted toward the JUS minor.
- General Education: Tier Two - Up to 6 credits of Tier Two coursework can be used to fulfill both General Education requirements and JUS minor requirements. JUS offers five Humanities courses, JUS 301, 325, 372A, 372B and 376. JUS offers two Individuals and Societies courses, JUS 370A and 370B.
- Diversity Emphasis - JUS minors may use JUS 325, 370A, 370B, 372A, 372B or JUS 376 to fulfill their requirement for Diversity Emphasis Courses: Gender, Race, Class, Ethnicity, Sexual Orientation or Non-Western Area Studies.