Questions? Contact Hebrew@UA!
Students must receive a grade of a "C" or higher in order to advance to the subsequent semester of Hebrew study.
The Arizona Center for Judaic Studies requires that all students taking Hebrew must receive a grade of C or better in order to advance to the subsequent semester of Hebrew study.
Credit-by-Exam for Students Receiving a Grade of D
Any student who received a D grade in Hebrew and would like to advance to the next level of Hebrew should contact Uri Maimon, Coordinator of the Hebrew Program, at (520) 626-5786 or email@example.com
The student can take The University of Arizona’s Hebrew Credit-by-Exam test for the semester in which s/he received the D. However......
- The exam must be taken no later than the third day of class in the subsequent semester.
- The Hebrew Credit-by-Exam grade will appear on the student’s transcript, along with the D already received.
- If the student does not receive a grade of C or better in the Hebrew Credit-by-Exam test, then s/he must retake the course in which s/he received the D, if s/he wishes to continue taking Hebrew courses.
Credit-by-Exam and Grade Replacement Opportunity (GRO)
- Per UA policy on Credit-by-Exam and GRO, the Hebrew Credit-by-Exam test can not serve as a Grade Replacement Opportunity (GRO). GRO is only available to students who repeats an entire semester's course.
- For further information about GRO contact the Registrar's Office.
Enrolling in the Next Level of Hebrew
- Students who receive a grade of C or better in the Hebrew Credit-by-Exam test may enroll in the next level of Hebrew.
- From the first day of the semester until the point at which the Hebrew Credit-by-Exam is graded, the student must attend all classes and complete all assignments. If s/he fails to do so, s/he will not be registered for the class, regardless of the grade received on the Hebrew Credit-by-Exam test. Contact Judaic Studies for clarification.