The Shandel Education Plus Scholarship is intended to fund travel outside of Arizona in order to attend special exhibits, seminars, competitions or any other events relevant to Judaic Studies. Students must be Judaic Studies majors or minors, be of at least junior standing, or a graduate student whose work focuses on any aspect of Judaic Studies. They must also plan to be enrolled at The University of Arizona the following semester.
• Enrolled full time at The University of Arizona
• Returning to UofA next semester
• Undergraduates: Major in Judaic Studies
• Graduates: Focus on any aspect of Judaic Studies
• Financial need
• Scholarship to be used in Summer 2013
Submit a completed application with supporting documents by the deadline posted on the application.
ITEMS TO BE INCLUDED WITH THE APPLICATION:
• Copy of official academic transcript
• Statement of financial need
• Description of intended use of award
• Two letters of recommendation* (at least one from a UofA faculty member)
• All recipients must submit a written account describing their experiences, per instructions included in letter of acceptance
If awarded, all recipients must submit a written account describing their experiences, per instructions included in letter of acceptance.
*These referees must send (via email, fax or surface mail) their Letters of Recommendation on your behalf and be received by Judaic Studies no later than deadline posted on the scholarship application. You are advised to remind these referees one week in advance of the deadline. Any application lacking a letter of recommendation will be considered incomplete and therefore ineligible for an award.
Submit completed applications and letters of recommendation to:
The Arizona Center for Judaic Studies
845 N. Park Ave., Suite 420 (Park Ave. & 2nd Street)
Tucson, AZ 85721
Phone: (520) 626-5758
fax: (520) 626-5767
email: sbs-judaic @email.arizona.edu