The Jack and Irene Sarver Scholarship provides funding for tuition at The University of Arizona to help deserving Judaic Studies majors and minors achieve their educational goals. Applicants must be full time Judaic Studies students at The University of Arizona and in good academic standing.
• Enrolled fulltime at The University of Arizona and in good academic standing
• Major or minor in Judaic Studies
• Students attending the UA under any other tuition waver program are ineligible
Submit a completed application with supporting documents by the deadline posted on the application.
ITEMS TO BE INCLUDED WITH THE APPLICATION:
• Copy of official academic transcript (submit only one copy if applying for more than one scholarship)
• Personal Statement (A personal statement should be about one page long. It should include what you are studying at the UofA, how the Scholarship would be used, and why you are qualified to be awarded.)
• Two letters of recommendation (at least one from a UofA faculty member-submit only one set of letters if applying for more than one scholarship.)*
*These referees must send (via email, fax or surface mail) their Letters of Recommendation on your behalf and be received by Judaic Studies no later than the deadline posted on the scholarship application. You are advised to remind these referees one week in advance of the deadline. Any application lacking a letter of recommendation will be considered incomplete and therefore ineligible for an award.
Submit completed applications and letters of recommendation to:
The Arizona Center for Judaic Studies
845 N. Park Ave., Suite 420 (Park Ave. & 2nd Street)
Tucson, AZ 85721
Phone: (520) 626-5758
fax: (520) 626-5767
email: sbs-judaic @email.arizona.edu